These Healthy Banana Muffins with Wheat Germ are a wonderful way to get a healthy breakfast on the go.
The story of Healthy Banana Muffins with Wheat Germ
Mornings are tough.
Especially school mornings.
Trying to get everyone ready and out of the house with something in their stomachs becomes a daily challenge. And then you get the “I don’t want that” or “I don’t like that” coming out of their mouths.
Or simply “I don’t have time”.
Well, this Healthy Banana Muffins with Wheat Germ recipe is a great way to get something "healthy" and satisfying into their stomach, and they can eat them on the run.
All with the additional satisfaction of knowing exactly what is in your food. These Banana muffins contain not only bananas that have many health benefits such as being a good source of vitamin C, but they also contain Manganese, Potassium, which benefits your heart and helps regulate blood pressure, but they also provide entry without fats or cholesterol.
This combined with the added wheat germ, a great source of vegetable protein, wheat germ also contains healthy fats, magnesium, zinc, thiamin, folate, potassium, phosphorus, and vitamin E, an essential nutrient with antioxidant properties.
Made with heart-healthy olive oil, these muffins provide a delicious nutritional boost to start your day!
And don’t forget about the Super Simple Scones recipe. With the addition of nuts and dried fruits, especially blueberries and almonds, you add a great nutritional punch.
So say goodbye to the McDonald’s sausage biscuit, the $3.00 muffin at Starbucks, and the carb-rich bagel with cream cheese. Try this cheaper and much healthier alternative.
Healthy Banana Muffins with Wheat Germ
- 1 ½ cups flour use all white, or 1 cup white, ½ cup wheat for best texture
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup toasted wheat germ
- 1 ½ cups mashed ripe bananas about 3 - let them get really ripe
- ½ cup milk or buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ cup oil I like to use extra virgin olive oil because it's a good for you oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat the oven to 400º F (204.4C). Line 16 muffin cups with muffin papers.
- Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and wheat germ together in a medium mixing bowl. In another bowl combine the bananas, milk, eggs, oil, and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl. Whisk to combine. Mix in the dry ingredients. Spoon the batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake the muffins until the tops are golden brown and a tester inserted in the center comes out clean; about 25 minutes.
Leave a Reply