Ginger-Mint Grilled Shrimp
These Ginger-Mint Grilled Shrimp are really a cinch to make. They are best made using large (colossal) shrimp which is more like lobster
- 12 Colossal shrimp or a pound of jumbo shrimp - isn't that an oxymoron?
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup unsalted butter melted
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- The zest from 1 lime
- The juice from 1 lime zest first, juice second
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Salt and freshly ground pepper as needed
Remove the shell (except for the tail) and devein the shrimp.
In a bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients, mix well. Add the shrimp to the marinade and marinate for 30 minutes up to 1 hour.
Heat the BBQ, grill or a grill pan to medium-high heat. Remove the shrimp from the marinade and grill, turning and basting with the marinade until just opaque.
Heat any remaining marinade in the microwave or on the stove-top until boiling. Spoon over the shrimp and serve.
Serving: 1gSodium: 1057mgFiber: 1gCholesterol: 62mgCalories: 254kcalPolyunsaturated Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 9gFat: 25gProtein: 5gCarbohydrates: 4g