Chili Shrimp with Asparagus
This super-quick, super easy, tasty and low-fat stir-fry of Chili Shrimp with Asparagus is perfect for a quick weeknight meal.
- 1 2-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled minced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ cup minced green onion both white and green portions
- 4 small red chilies Thai style peppers or 2 serrano peppers, seeded, stemmed and minced, or 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce such as Thai Kitchen
- 2 teaspoons low-salt soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 ½ pounds medium 21/25 per pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 pound fresh asparagus trimmed and sliced into 2 inch pieces on the diagonal
Bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil, add the asparagus and blanch for 2 minutes. Immediately plunge into ice water to stop the cooking process.
Put the oil in a wok or large skillet and turn heat to medium-high. Add the minced spices and cook, stirring constantly, for about 30 seconds.
Stir in the ketchup, lime juice, fish sauce, soy sauce, sugar, and water. Add the shrimp and asparagus; coat with sauce. Cook until the sauce is bubbling and the shrimp turns pink about 5 minutes.
Serving: 1gCalories: 245kcalCarbohydrates: 10gProtein: 3gFat: 6gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 259mgSodium: 490mgFiber: 1g