Curry Zucchini Soup
Curry Zucchini Soup combines the zest of curry powder with the freshness of zucchini inviting you to flavor town.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 ½ cup onion diced
- 2 ½ pounds zucchini squash or other squash, diced
- 1 quart low-salt chicken broth preferably homemade or vegetable broth if making vegetarian
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- ½ tablespoon ground ginger
- ¼ to ½ cup heavy cream or 1 medium russet potato, peeled and diced if going vegetarian
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fried pipetas (optional)
Sweat the onions in the olive oil and butter in a Dutch oven set over medium-low heat.
Add the squash, broth, curry powder, and ground ginger. Allow to simmer until the vegetables are soft, soft, soft – about 45 minutes.
Carefully put the soup, in batches, in a blender, or use an immersion blender; blend until smooth.
Stir in the cream, if using, taste, add salt and pepper, and adjust the seasonings as desired.
Ladle into a bowl and top with pipetas. (if desired)
Serving: 1gCalories: 275kcalCarbohydrates: 30gProtein: 12gFat: 14gSaturated Fat: 5gPolyunsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 101792mgFiber: 7g